Monday, September 3, 2012

Tally Me Banana / Financial Freedom

For new years we decided to set up aspirations rather than resolutions.  My new years aspiration was to make $365 worth of passive income this year.  The goal roughly breaks down to $1 a day.  I figured one dollar a day this year could compound to 2 a day next year and so on.  It was an official start to the Financial Freedom/Independence goal. 

The year started out pretty strong but tailed off at the beginning of summer.  There was a brief period of discouragement when it did not look as if the goal would sustain itself.  Stocks began to perform, Ebay picked up and the blogs helped a bit too.  Before I knew it the gap was closing.  Here we are only 8 months into the year and I have broken the $365 mark.  I am also realizing some passive income sources that had not been counted.

By the Numbers

$145  - Ebay
$31    - Blogs
$9      - CD's (Long-term goal 1 CD for each month)
$181  - Stocks (dividends and Sell-offs)
$366

$75     -  Credit Card Reward checks
$441

As you can see Ebay and Stocks are the biggest money makers.  There are still dividend and CD checks to be collected before the end of the year.  I will be adding a 6th CD this week.

I have to thank all of you who have supported my blogging venture, please keep reading!



No comments: