Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weekend Beer Review

Branching out and trying new things, as I always do, I picked out a new beer down at the Market today and thought, hmmm.   Maybe I could add some reviews to the many random things that I blog about.  I get around a 100 hits or so a day, maybe this could be a readable moment (haha as apposed to a teachable moment).  So I bring to you the very first "Friday Andy" New Beer Review.  Please bear with me. 


HOP SUN *Summer Wheat Beer
by Southern Tier Brewing Company
ABV 5.1%

Over all Rating 7.5 out of 10
'I could drink this again'






More often than not I gravitate towards a Wheat beer and Hop Sun did not disappoint.  It walks in your mouth with the creaminess of a traditional Wheat Beer and leaves with Bitter notes.  The bottle claims to be brewed with 1 variety of Hops and 3 types of Malts.   

There is a small amount of irony to be found in the brewing company itself.  The Southern Tier Brewing Company is located in Lakewood NY.  At first glance one might assume that the beverage was brewed a Florida Co. possibly skating by as a Florida beer or even a Keys concept. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to a "barley free beer" review in the future...